Here are some upcoming events we are attending or holding. For more information or questions on any event please contact us on Facebook or at email@example.com. Our full calendar of events and meetings is available.
- Join us at the Passyunk Gardens to celebrate our 2nd Anniversary with live music, raffles and an after-party at Devil’s Den, Saturday, April 28th
- Container Gardening Workshop, Sunday, May 6
- LoMo Flea Market, Saturday, May 19
- General Membership Meeting at South Philadelphia Older Adult Center, Tuesday, May 22
- Mushroom Log Workshop with Rich Meyers at Alison’s House, Sunday, April 1
- QOTA fundraiser at Paradiso, Wednesday, March 21
- Kids Night at the Grindcore Coffee House
SE corner of 4th and Greenwich (between Dickinson and Tasker)
Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 5pm – 8pm
- Sunday, February 12, 2012: Love Your Co-op AND Get Tips From A Master Pastry Chef. Chocolate, cheese and wine tasting as well as a demonstration by Pastry Chef, Chad Durkin
- Tuesday, January 17th: Co-op Night at the Cantina!, 7pm-9pm – Our friends at the Cantina (1651 E. Passyunk Ave) generously donated 10% of the proceeds from all food purchased between 7pm-9pm to the South Philly Food Co-op!
- Wednesday, December 7th: Happy Hour at The Wishing Well! 5:30 to 8:30pm.
- November 6th, 2011: New Member Eat-and Greet Potluck Dinner, 4pm-7pm
- General Member-Owner Meeting – Monday October 17th, 6:30 – 8:00pm at The Church of the Trinity, 2300 S. 18th Street (on 18th Street between Wolf and Ritner). Agenda items will include: SPFC Update and Next Steps, Member-owner training, Vote on bylaws.
- Saturday, September 10th: 1st Annual South Philly Garden Tour, 11am – 3p A self-guided ticketed event, featuring 20 public and private gardens throughout South Philadelphia.
- Thursday, August 18th: Music (and food!) in the Park. 7 pm at Gold Star Park (6th and Wharton) – Local Fruit and Veggie Tasting – pitting local organic against conventional. Musical guest: Artistas y Musicos Latinos Americanos (AMLA).
- June 29th, 2011: General Membership Meeting and Board Electionsat the EPX Office @ 1729 S. 11th Street.
- Saturday June 4th: ARTspiration at Fleischer Art Memorial. Kick off the summer at Fleisher’s 5th Annual ARTspiration.
- Sunday May 22, 2011: May Community Event. An update on SPFC Progress and Cookbook Swap at Philly Community Wellness (1241 Carpenter Street).
- Saturdays May 14 & 21, 2011: Lucky Old Souls: Jazz on Colorado Court.
- Wednesday, April 27th: Appetizer Tasting and Growler Happy Hour at Hawthorne’s Beer Boutique.
- Sunday, April 24th: Ayurvedic Cooking: Demystifying Spices. A fun evening with Shruthi Bajaj discovering key spices used in Ayurvedic Indian dishes.
- Thursday, April 14th: Event Planning Workshop
- March 27th, 2011: Whole Foods for the Whole Family. A discussion about keeping your family healthy with the foods that you’ll be able to find at your local co-operative with Join Marie Winters, ND.
- March 21st, 2011: Spring Community Forum. Come learn about who we are, what we’ve been up to, and how to get involved at Neumann-Goretti High School. Dan’s summary here.
- February 27th, 2011: There’s an App for That, a potluck about favorite foods, cooking blogs, apps, and cookbooks at Philly Community Wellness.
- January 23rd, 2011: Book discussion with Genevieve Sherrow the author of Gluten Free Warrior at Philly Community Wellness.
- December 7th, 2010: Kickoff fundraiser at the South Philadelphia Taproom.